Monday, October 24, 2016

8 months & no mas temple

The temple ended on Saturday. That isn't a happy thing.With the temple, it has been the CRAZIEST and FASTEST month ever. It was filled with so many highs and also some not-so-highs, but for the most part it was phenomenal. I don't even know where to begin with this. First of all 100% none of what Sister Holt and I did to prep for and help run this open house was actually us. It was the Lord. It was the spirit. I know it, because I am not capable of doing what we did. Something I'm working on doing in my mission and especially with the temple is not counting the cost. It's so easy for me to think wow we spent this many hours on this and we redid the schedule this many times and so on and so forth, but when I step back and look at it all, it's so pointless to count the cost. There is no cost to this amazing experience. Seeing my own testimony grow, and seeing the testimonies of all our loved sisters grow has been just the most incredible thing. I love those sisters. It was a really hard goodbye. I love the temple. I love all the people we worked with, I love all the people we met, and I can't believe it's over. Today is my 8 MONTH MARK. If you can even believe that. This 100% for sure has been (and probably will be) the absolute highlight of my mission, if not life. I have learned more about sacrifice, consecration, and teaching people not lessons in this past month than in all 7 months before this. If anything, Heavenly Father needed me to be at the temple to become the missionary he wants me to be. I'm definitely not all the way there yet, but I'm closer. I'm going to treasure these experiences and these sisters my whole life long, and I can't wait to start teaching again (although we have already spent some days in our area and set 2 dates #letsgooo). 

But anyways I'll send lots of pictures (:


-Sister Morley


No comments:

Post a Comment