Thursday, April 14, 2016

what a week

I feel like this week was 8 years long, but also like it was 8 seconds long. It was so so good though.

1. So last monday after I emailed we went to the stake center to play basketball and hang out with our zone, which was great! Except it started snowing SO HARD (well at least I thought it was snowing so hard) and it was SO SO COLD. and me, not knowing any better, was not dressed properly for it (i don't understand how people here can just whip out all their winter gear from their little purses whenever it snows? like was that in there the whole time?) and because of the snow, the public transit was way off so we couldn't figure out how to get to our dinner and eventually the zone leaders had to pick us up and take us haha and they all freaked out when they saw me because apparently I looked an inch from death from all the running around in the freezing cold weather. Safe to say i felt about an inch from death ahhaha. It's way too cold here.
2.We had a few lessons this week and they all went relatively well! Alfredo started recognizing the answers to his prayers, and Patrick is making bigger and bigger strides towards baptism! we're so excited for this coming month! it's cool because even we're teaching our investigators who are borderline crazy, it's amazing to realize that the spirit is still there with us, helping us and carrying us through everything we need to do, teach, and say. It's the most comforting feeling in the world.
3. I GOT TO GO TO THE TEMPLE ON WEDNESDAY. The Boston temple is BEAUTIFUL (although I have to admit I'm still partial to the Gilbert Temple) It was amazing! I got to see my MTC companion Sister Clark. I love her to pieces, and as I always say to her, I hope we get companioned together someday.
4. On our way to service on thursday we met this guy named Jajuan who we both just felt like we needed to stop and talk to. He just sat and told us his story and cried and accepted to hear the gospel! we met with him and his girlfriend Sheila on Friday, and to be honest, it was a lot of sitting and listening. and sometimes that's what the first lesson is. And it's good because we really get a feeling of what they need. the spirit was so strong, and we're meeting them again this week. ALSO on our way BACK from service, it was POURING. and i mean we were DRENCHED even with umbrellas it was ridiculous hahahaha I'll attatch a picture.
5. We had zone meeting on friday which was so great but also funny because my companion was the STL in our zone before I got here, so we were still given tons of stuff to do haha. we had to make the entire lunch and everything so it was crazy. I put a picture of most of our zone in this email, some of them already left, but for the most part thats it. I love my zone so much i am so blessed. especially my zone leaders, theyre the best.
6. On saturday the portugese elders in our area got to baptise their investigator Aline! we love her. because she's YSA age, she actually is starting to go to our ward now! So we got to go to her baptism and bring some of our investigators. even though it was all in portugese, it was such an amazing experience. you could feel her happiness and God's love for her. Heavenly Father loves us so much its so incredible. 

Okay well that's all for this week! Have a good week and I love you all and the church is so true! 

Love, 
Sister Morley





No comments:

Post a Comment